Crunchy Southwest Chicken Wraps Recipe
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission®. All opinions are entirely my own.
These easy to make, crunchy southwest chicken wraps are perfect for busy weeknight dinners and the whole family is sure to love them! They are full of flavor, cheesy and oh so good. I make them with Mission® Gluten Free Tortillas, so they are gluten free too!
My family has been eating more and more gluten free items lately. It started with my son eating a gluten free diet and slowly the whole family has been starting to eat gluten-free too. I’m so amazed at just how many gluten free choices there are now, like these amazing gluten free tortillas from Mission.
We use tortillas for lots of different recipes in our house. Several times a week I like to make breakfast burritos with scrambled eggs and either sausage or bacon. I also add fresh tomato, onion, cilantro, and spinach or kale. They are so delicious and a great way to start the day. We all love them!
We also use Mission Gluten Free Tortillas for wraps for school lunches with fresh vegetables and leftover meats. And after school I like to make quick bean and cheese quesadillas. The kids love them so much and so do I.
For dinner we use Mission Gluten Free Tortillas in crispy wraps like these, carne asada burritos and soft tacos too. They taste amazing and are perfectly soft and are so full of flavor. No one even notices that they are gluten free!
Mission Gluten Free Tortillas are certified gluten free and a no trans-fat, zero cholesterol food, so you can feel good about serving them to your family. And I love that we don’t have to sacrifice flavor that we want to eat gluten free.
These wraps are so easy to make and take just a few ingredients.
I start with boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I season them with a homemade taco seasoning mix, but you can also use the pre-packaged seasoning mix.
After the chicken is coated in the seasoning mixture, I cook it in a skillet over medium heat.
Then, I remove the chicken from the pan, chop it up and sauté it with some diced onion and bell peppers.
And then add the beans and corn.
Lastly, I get one of those yummy Mission Gluten Free tortillas. Did I mention how soft they are?
Then I sprinkle on some shredded Mexican cheese and add the chicken mixture.
Then I roll it up and just make it golden brown and crispy in the skillet!
How easy was that! We make these crispy wraps every week. My kids really love them.
I serve them with a little guacamole and sour cream, and if I’m feeling it, some salsa too.
Mission Gluten Free Tortillas are available nationwide and can be found in the tortilla section or the gluten free section of your local grocery store.
Be sure to visit their website for even more recipe inspiration.
- 2 packages Mission Gluten Free Tortillas, 10.5 oz
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (homemade or pre-packaged)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus additional oil for cooking wraps
- 3/4 cup black beans from can (drained and rinsed)
- 3/4 cup fresh sweet corn (or 1 ear of corn, oven roasted and cut off of cob) or (fresh frozen and defrosted)
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Sour cream
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add taco seasoning to chicken on all sides. Drizzle skillet with olive oil and add chicken. Cook over medium heat, tuning once until done and internal temperature is 165°Fahrenheit.
- Remove chicken from pan and add diced tomatoes and green bell peppers to skillet. Sauté until tender crisp. Dice cooked chicken and add it along with black beans and corn to skillet. Heat through and remove from heat.
- Heat another medium skillet over medium heat and add more olive oil. Take one tortilla and add 1 tablespoon shredded cheese and some of the chicken mixture. Fold over to make a wrap and place seam side down in skillet. Cook until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve crispy wraps with salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 862 Total Fat: 33g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 19g Cholesterol: 143mg Sodium: 1104mg Carbohydrates: 79g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 6g Protein: 61g