Bacon Beer Cheese Dip and SUPERPRETZEL SOFT PRETZELS
March Madness is here, and we are so excited. My husband and I and everyone we know is going to be glued to the television this month as we cheer on our favorite teams. We have a (mostly friendly) competition with our bracket picks, but I have to admit we can get pretty competitive. It’s in our nature!
After an awesome March Madness game, we get out in our own driveway basketball court and have a family friendly basketball game. My husband and myself are taller than average and have always loved playing and watching basketball; it’s our favorite sport! But after all that fun, we sure are hungry!
We also love to invite friends and family over to watch March Madness games. Some of the games are nail biters, and there’s upsets too, but they’re all exciting! And while we’re watching the game, we like to eat good food. But since we have company, I keep things simple, so I can spend more time with my friends and less time in the kitchen!
I love to make easy and delicious recipes when we’re with friends and family watching sports, because it makes me happy. I also like to take shortcuts whenever possible too! Cooking easy recipes makes entertaining with friends and family much less stressful. It makes spending time with everyone so much more special!
One of my family’s favorite snacks is SUPERPRETZEL Soft Pretzels made by J&J Snack Foods. You can make them for snacks, appetizers, party treats, or an anytime treat! My husband and I love them too, and they’re ready in just seconds. I especially like them with this Bacon Beer Cheddar Cheese Dip!
This dip is super easy to make and so delicious! You start by crisping up some bacon. Bacon makes everything better, right?
Next, sauté some bell peppers, onions and garlic in a little butter until tender. Then add some cream cheese and beer and whisk well until blended and smooth and melted.
Then just add in the shredded cheddar cheese a little at a time until it’s all melted. You add a little more beer if needed until it’s the right consistency. Then you stir in the bacon and place in a serving dish, or skillet like I’ve done here!
Then I just garnish with a little more bacon and some pretty chopped red bell pepper. It’s that easy!
Serve with SUPERPRETZEL Soft Pretzels. They take just seconds to heat in the microwave and you can add salt if you like. There’s a packet of pretzel salt included in the package.
Bacon Beer Cheese Dip
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped bell pepper or jalapeño
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (8oz) block softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 (8oz) package shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked crisp bacon (reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red bell pepper, for garnish
- SUPERPRETZEL Original (6ct), heated according to package directions
Add butter to a large skillet heated over medium heat. Add chopped onion, bell pepper and garlic. Sauté until tender crisp. Add cream cheese and beer and whisk well until melted and smooth. Add shredded cheese, a little at a time, until all cheese is melted and smooth. Add more beer if needed to thin. Add bacon and mix well.
Serve cheese dip in a small skillet or bowl and garnish with leftover bacon and chopped red bell pepper.
Heat SUPERPRETZEL Original (6ct) according to package directions and serve with cheese dip.
How do you do March Madness? Leave me a comment and one lucky reader will win a $100 Visa Gift Card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#Sweeps” and “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from SheKnows via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 1/29-6/10.
Be sure to visit the brand page on SheKnows.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!