Pink Lemonade Bars
Thank you Karo® Syrup for sponsoring this post. Celebrate sweet moments together with Karo®!
My family and I love to cook and bake, especially my daughter. Her favorite thing is to help me to bake in the kitchen. It’s so much fun to bake sweet treats with her. She loves to measure, use the whisk, and work different doughs with her hands. It’s amazing to see how much she learns every time we work together.
One of our favorite treats that we made this past summer was lemon bars. And since my daughter’s favorite color is pink, I had to make her some beautiful pink lemonade bars! These taste just as good as regular homemade lemonade bars, but they’re a beautiful pink color.
You could add different fruit purees to get that pretty pink color, but I didn’t want to compromise that fresh lemon flavor, so I opted to just use a few drops of red food coloring to get this pretty pink hue.
To make these, I just start by combining all the ingredients for the crust and pressing it into an 8 x 8 baking dish lined with parchment paper.
I then bake this for about 15 minutes, or until it’s lightly browned.
Next, I combine all the ingredients for the filling and pour it over the hot crust and place it back in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until it’s just set.
For the filling, I like to sweeten these with sugar and Karo® Syrup. Karo® has an amazingly smooth texture and a well-balanced sweetness that lets the fresh taste of the lemons really shine through.
Lots of amazing cooks and chefs alike rely on Karo® Syrup for its consistent performance in their baked goods. You can use it for everything from fudge to caramel, to pies and marshmallows, too!
After these bars are baked, you’ll want to let them cool completely before slicing.
Then, just slice them up and garnish with powdered sugar. Doesn’t that look yummy?!
My kids love these fresh lemon bars and my daughter just adores the pretty pink color.
These would also be great to take to a family get-together, a BBQ with friends, or a weekend brunch.
For the Crust
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Argo® Corn Starch
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
For the Filling
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Karo® Syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Argo® Corn Starch
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 - 3 drops red food coloring
- additional powdered sugar for garnish
- Heat oven to 350°. For crust, combine all ingredients in a large bowl and combine until well mixed and crumbly. Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper and press into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
For filling, mix all ingredients with an electric mixer or whisk and mix until well blended.
- Pour filling over hot crust and return to oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until filling is just set.
- Cool completely before slicing into bars. Garnish with powdered sugar before serving.